Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Trying to listen

I woke up this morning feeling no better than the past few days. It was so frustrating. The inhaler that my doctor gave me seems to be having no effect, and I haven't been sleeping that well because of this cough ... On the bright side, I have been eating well - just following the meal plan that I set up a few days ago. However, how am I supposed to balance good nutrition and exercise when I feel so lousy and am not able to give my workouts 100%?

This morning I didn't know what to do -- people always tell me, listen to your body. If you're tired/unwell, it's better to rest and go back to the gym when you're feeling better ... but do you
know how difficult it is to resist? I feel weak and disappointed. I should be strong enough to just get on with all the things I need to get done ... but it doesn't seem to be going that way.

So, today, I decided to 'listen' to my body and I grudgingly stayed home - feeling irritated because now my workout schedule is off by a day and I don't know if I'm going to be well enough to go in tomorrow either ... but hey, it's the right move, right? Right? I don't know.

In any case, I decided to take advantage of taking the day 'off' and use it to get other things done - loads of laundry, tons of paperwork, and a few other errands. The list of things to do was endless - and while I did accomplish quite a lot, there's more to be done ... hmmm, maybe I ended up having a bit of a workout after all?

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure there are thousands of people out there who would use any excuse not to go to the gym. You need to be able to breathe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)