Monday, August 15, 2011

FMM - Driving Force

I love this week's FMM question - What is the driving force behind your weight loss?


I have constantly been going back and forth between keeping my future goals in mind and making sure to move past the struggles and fears of the past ... so what is it that keeps me moving forward? Sometimes I honestly don't know how I make it to the gym to workout - because when i look at the scale I'm still unsatisfied ... when I look in the mirror I still don't like what I see ... when I reflect on all the work I've put in I just don't feel like the results = the effort ... and yet I still go ...

Part of it is sheer bloody determination. I will get this right. I will lose the weight and reach my goals ... I'd love to say that the number one reason is my health (especially with a family history of diabetes) ... but really, it's just so that I feel good about myself. Having that added mental weight and strain just makes everything that much more difficult.

I know not everybody gets it, and I'd say they're lucky that this is not something they need to worry about ... the bottom line is, it's an issue that is real for me and something that I need to deal with, regardless of what anybody else says.

So, to more clearly answer the question ...
The driving force behind my weight loss is my desire to feel better about myself ... followed by the desire to lead a healthy and active life.

I'm definitely making progress in terms of leading a healthy and active life ... I just can't wait for everything else to fall into place!

6 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to you answer. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you need to step back and look at how far you've come instead of how far you have to go!

    Doing a great job!

    Stopping in from FMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you through FMM! There is NOTHING wrong with one of your driving forces being to feel good about yourself when you look in the mirror, get dressed, etc. We all want that! The BONUS is that you're also getting healthier! Keep it up, girly... <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,
    stopping by from FMM. It's great that you are able to be honest in this post and I'm sure if you continue with your goals in mind you will find a great outcome, I was in the same spot as you are right now and totally relate with you.
    Take care,
    Ximena
    http://simplyximena.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. dropping by from FMM:
    great answer. I define progress as putting one foot in front of the other and moving forward...small steps or big steps, it does not matter; as long as they are steps. I am sure you will reach your goals--I am cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes things don't move at the pace we would like them too and it is so freaking frustrating. Just keep moving forward. Don't give up. It all adds up in the end :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)