Friday, August 19, 2011

So how did NROL4W Stage 1 Measure Up?

I've been diligently posting about my workouts and journey through stage 1 of NROL4W. I've definitely become stronger and my clothes fit better ... but what about the numbers?


The last time I measured and weighed myself (and noted the numbers down) was July 12, the day I started the NROL4W workout ...



I have weighed myself in the meantime but I didn't note the numbers down as I knew that I wanted to wait and see how I progressed over a period of time.



So, the results are in ...



I know it's not about the number and muscle weighs more than fat ... but I was expecting to see a bit of a loss - instead, I saw a 700 gram gain. Normally I would have been furious and complained about the program - how could it work when I've gained etc. etc. but I kept calm and just wrote the number down and went on to the measurements.



The good news - no increase in measurements.

The ok news - most measurements remained the same.

The great news - 3 inches lost around my waist, 1 inch around my calves, 2.5 inches on my thighs, 0.5 inches around my neck.





Whew! I'm relieved.



After weighing myself I thought - I must've be kidding myself when I've been saying that I see changes or that my clothes fit better. How could that be possible when I've gained? Well, I'm glad to see that it wasn't all in my mind and there actually have been physical changes. I'm quite pleased. I know that there are quite a few things I could have done differently, but I'll get into that another time.



For now, I'm happy that I completed all of Stage 1 and that I have lost a few inches here and there ... now, to get on that plane and catch up with some much needed sleep!



:)




1 comment:

  1. Great job! It can be frustrating to not see the weight move, but you lost a lot of inches in 5 weeks! That's awesome. And around your waist and thighs? Those are my trouble spots, so that's super impressive to me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)