Sunday, August 14, 2011

Spicy Salmon

I've really been enjoying experimenting with different recipes high protein, low carb recipes.
I baked some salmon the other day and it turned out really good. It was unbelievably easy - definitely a recipe that I'm going to keep handy.

I served up the salmon with some steamed veggies ... and though I've been really good at watching my carbs lately, I decided to treat myself to some roast potatoes as well --- here's the recipe. It makes for a very, very filling meal.

Baked Salmon with Steamed Veggies and Roast Potatoes

Salmon {serves 4}
Ingredients:
4 4 oz. salmon fillet
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon minced onion
1 teaspoon brown sugar (Splenda blend)
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons red pepper flakes

Directions:
Mix all the marinade ingredients together and coat the salmon fillets. It can be baked right away, but the longer you marinate it, the better the flavors will blend together. (I marinated it for 24 hours)
Bake in an oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Nutritional info:
Salmon (baked with the marinade):
245 calories
2 g. carbohydrates (0.1 g. fiber)
25.5 g. protein
14 g. fat (2.8 g saturated fat)

The extras ... steamed veggies & roast potatoes

Steamed veggies (1 cup broccoli and 1/2 cup carrots):
81 calories
17.6 g. carbohydrates (7.5 g. fiber)
4.4 g. protein
0.8 g. fat (<0.1 g. saturated fat)

Roast potatoes (1/2 cup diced + 1/2 tsp olive oil & 1 tsp Parmesan + 1 tablespoon mixed dry herbs):
85 calories
15 g. carbohydrates (1.5 g. fiber)
2.3 g. protein
1 g. fat (0.25 g. saturated fat)

3 comments:

  1. That looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO making this. We've been eating salmon a couple of times a week so I'm always on the lookout for new ways to prepare it. I posted a couple of salmon recipes on my blog. They're both fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to eat more healthy fish, and I have most of these things (soya sauce, balsamic vinegar, etc.) When I hit up Costco today/tomorrow I'm going to look for some fresh salmon and then bake it! :)
    Thanks for sharing!
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)