Friday, September 16, 2011

From Bike to Dancefloor

I definitely started off in a bit of a funk yesterday, but I'm pleased my mood didn't linger. I got to work early and actually managed to get quite a bit of reading as well as writing done before class. It was my first official teaching day. I tell you, I'm sure glad I got out of that funky mood because standing in front of 34 19-year-olds at 8:00 a.m. is not easy! Anyway. It wasn't a long class since we're still kind of in orientation mode, so I was done with work by 9:15 a.m. (yes, you read that right!) and had just enough time to run to the bank (which didn't end well) before heading home to study.

I wasn't sure if I was going to go to the gym as I was really feeling the effects of Wednesday's workout as well as my weight training on Monday ... but I thought I'd just leave it up to my body to decide. I knew I'd be dancing later on that night at MD's party so I knew I'd get my cardio in one way or another.

I ended up getting about six hours of studying done (very happy with that) and felt ready and rested enough to make it for RPM class which I absolutely love!! I was totally energized after class - though my legs were a bit shaky ... still, I put on my dancing shoes and headed out. Most of my friends from the gym (including some of the trainers) were there and we were all on the dance floor getting our second session of cardio on (4 hours of dancing in 5-inch stilettos - it was quite a workout)! It was a much needed break from all this studying and the stress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)