Thursday, October 20, 2011

10 km stretch

I got to the gym in time for Combat class -- only to find out it had been cancelled! I hate it when that happens ... still, no excuse not to workout.

I told myself that my workout target would be to burn 600 calories. Body Combat is an intense kickboxing class, and I usually burn an average of 550 calories during a session ... so with that number in mind, I got on the cross-trainer and started.

As I approach 600 calories, I noticed my distance ... I was around the 8 km mark. I was getting close to 10 km. Should I stop at 600 calories and stick to my target or should I go for 10? I thought, what the hell, go for 10 km. So I continued ... I finished the 10 km in just under 1 hr 10 min and burned 700 calories. I can live with that.

It's been quite a while since I did 10 km at a stretch. I have no idea how far we go during our RPM rides, but at least being in a class breaks up the monotony. However, being on a machine for over an hour, not going anywhere, can get a bit exhausting - even with good music. After a while I was thinking - why isn't this done already?! Anyway.

My legs were already feeling a bit sore from yesterdays lunges and squats ... but other than that, the cardio session wasn't bad at all.

Food is good; water intake great. Now I just need to catch up on some rest {and laundry}.

1 comment:

  1. so proud of you and your cross training! It sounds crazy but I really do find motivation from reading your posts. I can't wait to start running again. I spent some time yesterday researching Zumba and yoga classes. Hopefully I can do it in about 4 weeks. I have no excuses now LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)