Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Busy Day

This morning I did NOT want to leave the house. I was fully dressed but still sitting at home ... watching the minutes tick by 6:30 (I'm usually out of the house a bit before 6:30 a.m.), 6:40 - can't move & I know traffic is building up; 6:50 - let me put away some laundry; 7:00 - shit. I'm so tempted to call in sick!! Oh well, I'm going to be stuck in traffic, might as well burn a new CD so that I have good music to enjoy in the car (arranged my playlist, burned the CD) ... 7:10 and I'm out the door. I was stuck in traffic for AGES!! I can't even begin to describe the insane driving here (cars jumping onto the sidewalk so that they can get closer to the traffic light and then hop back down onto the road -- basically what's causing the traffic jam in the first place!) -- I just tried to keep my cool. At least I had some good tune to jam to while I was stuck.

I made it to class in time ... but was literally counting the minutes until it was over. I wonder if students have any idea how much teachers sometimes just want to get out of class! Anyway.

I had a lot of rushing around to do to prepare for tonight's farewell dinner.

Today was MX's last day at the gym. She leaves for London on Thursday - I'm really gutted about her move, but I know it'll be a good change for her ... So even though I was hosting a small farewell dinner for her this evening I went in for her last RPM class (she used to teach that as well as Body Balance and Body Pump). It was sad. It's going to be so weird seeing her bike and not seeing her on it ...

Dinner was a success. Even though I hadn't cooked chicken in ages, I decided to make chicken kofta for the meat-eaters, root vegetable bake (only with herbs and a light coating of olive oil), vegetable stir-fry, salad, and rice.

I really enjoy cooking, but I haven't really experimented with any new recipes because I've basically got 4-5 meals on rotation - not much time for creativity or experimentation. At least today I got a chance to cook something new.


1 comment:

  1. curious...what was on your playlist? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)