Friday, December 9, 2011

48 Hours

The past 48 hours have been a bit of a blur, but really busy at the same time. The main thing I did was sleep! I tell you, I haven't been so sleepy (not tired, just sleepy) in such a long time -- literally barely able to keep my eyes open! I couldn't resist a LONG nap on Thursday and then I slept in on Friday. Sleeping more than 5 hours a night is rare for me ... but somehow I slept for just over 10 hours! I guess I really needed the rest.

Aside from catching up on my rest, I also caught up on my planning ... I could see that feeling cold and hungry and tired were going to have really bad consequences unless I took control and came up with a plan of attack for the next few weeks.

I've been eating ok - I haven't gained or lost any weight in the past few weeks, which I guess is good, but now I need to see what I have to do to start losing again, particularly given the fact that when I do resume going to the gym, it will still take a bit longer to get back to the level of intensity I was at pre-surgery.

Of course I also have to get my PhD finished ... and make my way through grading 35 research papers (each one takes about half an hour to grade, if I'm lucky ... this semester, my students don't seem to be the brightest, so it's been torture!).

Lots on my plate, but taking today to organize my menu/grocery list for the upcoming days and setting a schedule should help. I can see tomorrow being a crazy hectic day trying to get my grocery and Christmas shopping done so that I don't need to worry about it during the week.

I've rested enough - now it's time to get moving again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)