Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Breath of Fresh Air

I'm in DC! It feels so good to be in the States. Even though I'm a New York girl (university and my first job) I spent quite a lot of time in DC as well and feel right at home here.

The first thing I noticed as soon as I got out of the airport was the crisp winter air. It felt great to be able to take a deep breath without any added dust or pollutants. I loved seeing the joggers and cyclists along the river and in the park -- we don't have either in Kuwait. It made me wish I had brought my workout gear, even though I could probably only manage a stroll. Anyway. I'll keep this post short.

All is well. The trip over the Atlantic was not nearly as painful as I thought it would be. I'm glad I came a day earlier than previously planned so that I could use today to rest (and shop). My best friend arrives from New York tonight (I'm SO excited!!!) and the conference starts tomorrow. Busy days ahead ... Feeling good and breathing well.

1 comment:

  1. You get to spend the time with your best friend as well? Doubly exciting! Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)