Friday, December 16, 2011

I Shouldn't Have Danced

You already know how much I love to dance ... so at last night's dinner party when the music was turned up, I danced. I didn't give it a second thought. I just danced.

In the middle of the night I woke up with such extreme pain in my abdomen, I felt like there were gremlins inside me squeezing, kicking, and pinching my insides. I wanted to scream from how bad the pain was. I had to get out of bed and walk to stretch my abdomen out and hope that the pain passed. At first I could't figure out what had caused it ... and then I realized, it must have been the dancing.

Now, I didn't dance much at all - maybe a total of 45 minutes ... but it wasn't like slow, steady movement on the treadmill. No, it definitely involved faster, unsteady, jumping around-type movement!

So today has been a tough day. Imagine, I've been taking it easy and being sensible at the gym, but I totally forgot about that when it came to dancing! I've pretty much been taking it easy today. It's early evening and I'm still in quite a bit of pain. I'm trying to get through it without any painkillers ... I think I'm just going to rest it out.

It's definitely still too early to really hit the dance floor.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)