Sunday, December 18, 2011

NROL4W - Phase 2 Workout B

I have to say, I am impressed that I made it to the gym this morning. I was a bit hesitant as I was just there 14 hours earlier, but I was out of the house so I decided to get it over and done with and get to all the PhD work that I have lined up ... I really do have to get back to studying so this will be really short.

I did Workout B today. I think it went rather well. There was only 1 exercise that I could not do (reverse crunches -- talk about focusing right on the incision line!!) but other than that I tried each one.

Phase 2 is all 2 sets of 10 reps.
Here's my comparison chart to what I did prior to the surgery:

Phase 2: Workout B

Pre-Surgery

Today

Deadlift from box

KG 30

KG 15

Bulgarian split squat

KG 10

KG 6 (set 1); KG 7 (set 2)

Underhand lateral pull

KG 41

KG 30

Reverse lunge w/reach from box

KG 5

KG 5

Dumbbell prone snatch

KG 5

KG 6 (set 1); KG 7 (set 2)

Swiss ball crunch

bw (25)

bw (30)

Reverse crunch

bw (15)

none

Lateral flexion

bw (15)

bw (12)

Prone cobra

bw (10)

bw (10)


The underhand lateral pulls were challenging. Again, arm strength-wise, I could have definitely pulled more weight. However, with the pain in my abdomen, especially on my right side, 30 KG was all I could do today.

The split squats and reverse lunges were also challenging. I probably went lower/deeper last time, but I definitely went as low/deep as I could this time. I didn't add more weight because I didn't want to put any more strain on my hips.

I didn't remember that I had only used 5 kg for my dumbbell prone snatch before ... very proud that I was able to do 7 kg! :)

So overall, not too bad. I did a 1 km warm-up (took me just under 12 minutes) and then cooled down for another 5 minutes on the treadmill.

I think the recovery is going alright. It's taking a bit of trial and error but overall I am pleased.


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)