Saturday, December 17, 2011

Treading a bit faster

My next workout, after Thursday's cardio session, was supposed to be Workout B of NROL4W ... however, after the way I was feeling on yesterday after dancing, I knew that it wouldn't be a good idea. Workout B has a few more exercises than workout A so I knew that I'd need to feel a bit more steady before trying it out.

In any case, I did manage to go to the gym today for another cardio session. Once again, I set a goal of 45 minutes. I'm pleased to say that I walked a total of 25 minutes at 5 km/hr and 6 minutes at 5.2 km/hr. I do feel a bit of strain from 5 km/hr upwards, but it's not as bad as before.

I definitely don't feel any difficulty in my legs at all. I feel like my overall cardio fitness is fine and probably not much different than before the surgery. The only thing that's holding me back is my abdomen -- but I guess after going through invasive surgery and with such a large incision to heal, it is expected.

I decided to keep a chart of my cardio recovery progress ... it's good to see some steady improvement, even if it is only in small increments:

Date

Time

Distance

Average speed

Calories

Maximum

Dec. 11

35 min

2.52 km

4.3 km/hr

153

4 min @ 4.8 km/hr

Dec. 15

45 min

3.47 km

4.7 km/hr

164

15 min @ 5 km/hr

Dec. 17

45 min

3.64 km

4.9 km/hr

170

25 min @ 5 & 6 min @ 5.3


I'll try to do Workout B tomorrow - fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)