Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Baby Got Back

When I told D what I was going to post about today, he was not amused - however, after spending all day sitting at my desk, I'm posting about it anyway.

If you take a look at my blog you'll see that I've been working out. I go to the gym regularly; I try to give it my all. Like everybody else, I do have setbacks, but I try to do the work in hopes to see the results ... and I am seeing the results. My legs are starting to look trimmer, my arms are definitely looking more toned, my abs -- well, the abs are always the last part of the body to shape up so we'll just leave it at that -- what I'm most disgruntled about is my butt!

Ya, I said it ... and you know what, I directly blame my PhD for my ever-expanding, never-shrinking ass ... my theory is, if you're spending 8-9 hours sitting on your ass in front of a desk, there's only one direction your ass can spread -- and that's outwards! When I've given this explanation to my friends, they laugh ... but I'm serious! I know it sounds crazy, but I am SURE that sitting on your ass for hours on end will cause it to expand. Gluteus maximus - seriously, who thought of that? Why not a kinder name like gluteus minimus? Or better yet, just gluteus? With an adjective like maximus, it's absolutely hopeless -- especially as I don't see an end to the endless hours at my desk. No matter how much I workout, I truly believe sitting at my desk has hindering any progress in reducing/shaping my ass.

Oh well. Despite the frustration (plus the crankiness at having been at my desk all day) I've gotta admit that Sir Mix-a-lot makes it a bit easier to have a big butt ;)

Enjoy! :)







2 comments:

  1. This is one of the greatest songs ever recorded. Hands down.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)