Monday, February 20, 2012

FMM - Travel

I've had quite a productive day - finally! Thought I'd take a break and participate in Kenlie's FMM!



1) Where did your most recent trip take you? I just got back from an amazing 3-week trip to Argentina. Absolutely fabulous!

2) Is there a place that you'd like to visit that you haven't yet? If so, where? The first place on my list is Italy! I can't believe I haven't been there yet!

3) Do you travel lightly, or do you cram as much into your luggage as possible? I used to travel with a TON of stuff. I've become much better, though I still find it quite challenging. It's especially tough when traveling for different types of weather. This past trip to Argentina ranged from insane heat to freezing temperatures - and pretty much everything else in between. So I had beach wear as well as glacier wear! Not easy ... Although I manage to only travel with one suitcase ... inevitably I bring back a second! (It's the shopaholic in me!)

4) Do your eating and exercise habits change when you travel? If so, how?
I try to incorporate some sort of physical activity when I travel. If there's a gym in the hotel I'll use it. I also do sit ups, lunges, etc. in my room. I don't exercise daily, but I often find that my days of travel are much more active than my non-gym days here in Kuwait! As for food, I try to eat in moderation and be sensible, but I also don't deprive myself of anything. For the past year and a half I've managed to travel (for weeks at a time) and not gain any weight or even lose a few pounds, so I'm pleased with how I've managed to sort out my eating habits while away.

5) Tell us about a place you've been that you'd like to go back to.
Definitely Argentina. The country is so massive and there's so much left to see. I'd love to go back to France, and of course I'll go back to the States any time!

6) Do you prefer to travel at a certain time of year?
No - I'd travel any chance I can get!

7) If you had to choose, would you go to the beach or the mountains?
Beach/cities -- I don't mind some quiet time, but I don't do too well in isolation!

8) Have you ever needed a passport to travel?
I got a passport soon after I was born! My first 'signature' is a fingerprint! :)

9) Do you collect anything in your travels?
I used to collect mugs, t-shirts, keychains, and other trinkets like that. Now I'll look for a unique piece of art or perhaps some sort of unique kitchenware -- something that I can actually use.

10) Where do you plan to go next?
My next trip is probably London, but that'll be for my PhD. For vacation, perhaps Sweden, Norway, and Italy? We'll see!

Ok, your turn. Answer this week's topic on your blog and then come back here and Kenlie's blog to post the link.

2 comments:

  1. Came by from FMM. Sounds like you really loved Argentina. Looks like it was an amazing trip, though that hike looks really tough! I'd love to climb a glacier like that someday, and would also like to visit Argentina one day. I did the extreme packing once, Hawaii and Alaska in the same trip, and it was definitely challenging -- I guess layers are the key!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argentine sounds so beautiful! Funny, even though it's not far, South America isn't usually on our list of places to visit. WE may have to rethink that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)