Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Gettin' Game

Yesterday my day was totally thrown off sync since I woke up at 2:30 a.m. to watch the Superbowl live -- now that's commitment for you! I'm so glad the Giants won (after all, I am a NY girl at heart) and I'm even happier that this is the second year in a row that I won the Football Pick 'em League ($200 yay! Off to buy some new shoes!) :)

I thought that I'd go back to sleep once the game was over, but I started doing some editing ... and before long it was already 2 p.m. I'm really not sure how I managed to stay awake. I took a short break for lunch and then decided to make the most of the day off and continued to work until 8 p.m. So, no gym yesterday.

Today, however, after a good night's sleep (almost 5 hours, which is good in my book!), I headed straight to the gym for my morning workout. I'm still kind of getting back into the groove of things so I haven't come up with a fixed workout routine yet. So for this week it's just about showing up and doing something.

I got on the cross-trainer today -- the first time since my surgery. It was ok. I did experience some discomfort/slight pain but I realized that they were no longer post-surgical effects ... this is the 'normal' pain. I think I have totally recovered from the surgery -- so now everything that I'm feeling is 'normal' - the pain, discomfort, pressure, bloating ... I tell you, typing that out makes it really hard for me not to just hide under the covers and give up! However, I'm not giving up. I'm still going to push through all of this until I have the time and energy to further pursue other treatment options.

So, this morning I did 45 minutes on the cross-trainer (burned just shy of 500 calories and completed 5.64 km). I really love working out in the morning - it's a bit of an effort to get there (and then shower, get dressed, and make it to work on time) but at least it's done and out of the way ... The cross-trainer is not all I did today ... I went back to the gym in the evening and finally went to ZUMBA class -- YAY!!!! I absolutely LOVED the class. I can't wait until the next class! I'm already hooked :)

I'm definitely getting back in the game :)

Oh, made a yummy veggie curry for dinner last night - super easy to make and very low in calories - will post the recipe soon.

It's been a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)