Sunday, February 19, 2012

Spinach Chick Pea Salad

I'm not a fan of making salads, but today I was just in the mood. I just grabbed a few things out of the fridge and started to chop them up ... this is what I came up with.


Ingredients:
1 hard boiled egg
1 1/2 cups chopped spinach
1 medium red bell pepper diced
3 large mushrooms diced
1/2 cup chick peas, rinsed
2 tablespoons feta cheese
12 halves walnuts
2 tablespoons Ken's low calorie raspberry walnut dressing

Directions:
1. Combine all the ingredients together!

Simple enough directions ... but you've got to make sure you have enough time to wash and dice all the veggies.

It came out much better than I thought it would. I hadn't intended on adding the boiled egg (I don't even remember the last time I ate a boiled egg ... plus it's usually just egg whiles for me, but today I ate the yolk too). I was also hesitant about adding the feta and walnuts, but they really did add flavor. All in all, quite delicious and very easy to make!

Nutritional info: (1 serving)
383 calories
24.3 g. protein
48.1 g. carbohydrates (11 g. fiber)
32.9 g. fat (6.5 saturated fat)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:08 PM

    Looks great! (Apart from the egg. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)