Monday, March 12, 2012

Doubling Up

This morning I completed the last Workout A in Phase 4 of NROL4W. I was very happy to be able to use 12.5 kg (27.5 lb.) dumbbells (in each hand) for my incline chest presses! I had trainer MG there to spot me just in case my arm gave way and the weights came crashing down on my face -- they didn't, and I felt good!!

The only part of the workout I did not do was the jump lunges. I think it's a bit too much strain on my thigh ... I'll try to make it up some time during the week. I'm just excited that this phase is almost over and I get to see what Phase 5 has in store for me!

In the evening I went back to the gym and did an hour of cardio - 30 minutes on the treadmill and 30 minutes on the elliptical machine. My thigh definitely felt sore on the elliptical machine so I just did the best I could. Afterwards I did my physio and some good stretching -- definitely made my thigh feel better.

I have more cardio planned for tomorrow and possibly Zumba class in the evening -- I say possibly because the instructor has been ill lately so she may not be there ... I'll see what happens tomorrow.

I haven't intentionally been doubling up my workouts, and I don't know how long it'll last - but so far I feel fine. I know this upcoming weekend I won't get a chance to exercise, so part of it is just making sure I burn enough calories during the week to warrant the 2-days of rest. As I said in yesterday's post, I've got to change things up if I want to see proper change. I have been stuck at this weight, well, actually my plateau weight was 2.5 lbs heavier than I am now -- it's not that much, but let me tell you -- I have not been below that number in AGES! Now I'm finally starting to go down, very, very slowly -- but I want to make sure I can continue to lose. As I said yesterday, my significant weight loss occurred when I was spending 3-5 hours at the gym. While I don't want to get myself into a routine that is difficult to maintain, I do want to make sure I put in the effort to get to my goals. I won't workout to the point where it is ineffective - i.e. strolling on the treadmill at a slow pace or on level 2 on the cross-trainer ... no. I want to make sure that each workout counts. I have to modify a few things to accommodate my thigh pain, but still, I want to make sure that the time I'm putting into the gym will actually help me get to where I want to be - otherwise, I might as well try and get some sleep.

Sleep and my stress levels definitely need to be tackled ... but more on that in another post.

For today, just over an hour of weights and 1 hour of cardio -- feeling good, and hoping for an even better day tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)