Friday, April 20, 2012

Moments like these ...

Finally, the end of what has felt like a chaotic week.

Today's workouts:

Body Combat, Body Pump, Zumba -- all one after the other -- a total of 1430 calories burned.

Needless to say by the time I got home, I.Was.Exhausted!

Doing 2 cardio classes with a weights class in between is quite intense, but I like this routine. Combat allows me to practice my boxing moves and get some additional footwork in; Pump is a chance for me to loosen up all my muscles - though this time I upped a few of the weights. OMG, my muscles were screaming during the shoulder and bicep tracks! By the time I get to Zumba, I'm tired ... but once the music comes on, I forget about the pain and just start dancing. In fact, I found that burned 70 more calories than last night! I knew it was my last workout of the week, so I had to make it count!

Tomorrow is my day off from the gym -- definitely some much, much needed rest. I know that I've put in the effort this week, but I am worried that it won't show on the scale come Sunday morning. I'm trying not to get ahead of myself, but I can't help it ...

It's moments like these that I have to keep reminding myself of -- because of course, just before or right after a weigh in you think, 'Did I do everything I could this week?' 

I ask myself this question several times during the week. Every Sunday (and really everyday) I want my answer to be a confident Yes.

I know that each day is not the same as the other. Like yesterday, I knew I was tired. I tried my best, but I knew that it wasn't as good of a workout as it could have been had I rested. Perhaps not having done the evening session would have been better for me - who knows?

The idea of taking a day off, or skipping a workout in order to rest and reenergize, is scary to me. At the same time, I know that there have been times in the past when taking a day (sometimes two or three days) off have really helped me get that extra energy boost that I needed to have a good workout - particularly when it comes to lifting weights. Anyway.

I know I hit all my workout targets. Now I just need to make sure that I eat well and get some sleep. Hopefully the scale will show me some love on Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)