Thursday, June 28, 2012

FRAN and BARBARA

Today's post is all about my CrossFit workout because OMG it was intense!
I totally had Jenn in mind as I completed this workout!

Warm-up

150 jump rope (I got to 125 before I got tangled; my longest stretch so far; 150 was a breeze)
3 rounds of 10 burpees/10 deep squats

Already breathless!

WOD - FRAN
21 overhead squats; 21 pull ups
15 overhead squats; 15 pull ups
9 overhead squats; 9 pull ups

I used a 20 kg bar (45 lbs) for the overhead squats and I attempted the pull ups. I'm getting better but still have a LONG way to go. I finished in 6 min 25 sec.

It may not sound like much, but that 20 kg bar sure did start to feel heavy within just the first round.

Our 'Cool Down' - BARBARA (we didn't do the pull ups)
I've read about different versions of Barbara - ours was:

3 rounds of
30 hand release push ups
40 crunches
50 squats

--- Did you see that it's 3 rounds?!

My legs feel like jelly, but my mind is totally satisfied :)



6 comments:

  1. Wow - what an awesome workout!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds intense! amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally admire you. Crossfit is on my fitness goal list. I will get there one day! In the mean time I love reading people's experiences. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read about your workouts and Jenn's and Norma's and I'm amazed. I'm just happy the mall has a walking program so I won't have to walk in the heat anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, that is honestly one of the craziest WOD's I'ever seen!!! Holy crap!!

    BAD ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man! YOu are so freaking amazing. That WOD is intense. WAY intense. I'm with Jen. Badass. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)