Thursday, July 5, 2012

Humanity WOD

Today's CrossFit workout was part of a joint effort with other CrossFit Boxes to raise awareness of the atrocities of human trafficking.



When I heard about the WOD I was really excited to be part of a bigger community event. It's one of the things I like about being part of a team.

The workout was - 27 minutes of as many rounds as possible:
10 power cleans, 10 front squats, and 10 push jerks -- with ascending burpees after each round (e.g. 1 burpee after round 1, 2 burpees after round 2 etc.)
I completed 9 rounds in the 27 minutes with a 20 kg (44 lb) bar.

I was wiped out by the end of it, but man it felt good!!

Before we got to the WOD we practiced box jumps. I told our coach yesterday that I was really unhappy with the fact that I couldn't do the double box jump. So she happily obliged by making today's skill about improving our box jumps.

We started with 1 box and then added weight plates (about 3 inches in height) after successfully completing a set number of jumps. I got up to adding 4 plates - so close to the height of 2 boxes -- so then I said, ok - let me try the double box. Approach. Set stance. Fail. Ugh!!

She had me go back to the 4 plate + box and jump and then immediately go to the double boxes - Approach. Set stance. Fail. DAMN!!

It was so frustrating. Once the mind takes over it is so hard to push past it ... still, I did so much better than yesterday. I was happy with my progress - looking forward to being ecstatic with success soon!!

2 comments:

  1. a) That's a great cause to dedicate the WOD to. Awesome.

    b) Yay for you on the box jumps! I know it's not quite the double, but you're SO CLOSE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will get there!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)