Monday, September 24, 2012

Manic Monday

Am totally exhausted today so this will be a quick post.

Up since 4 a.m. - had a short but sweet morning yoga + abs workout and then it was time to rush, rush, rush. I had lots to do around the house, prep for work, teaching (where a student annoyed the hell out of me, and in the end she was in tears - aggravating!), and conferencing with students.

I did manage to get some time for myself and hit Body Balance class - I really needed it. My limbs have been feeling a bit tense/taut. I felt much more relaxed after the class.

Back home with more things to do, namely dinner to prep. I've realized that unless I've got dinner ready on CrossFit days, we end up eating late, and neither of us likes that.

Today's CrossFit session was an absolute KILLER!!

Warm-up:
5 minutes of jump rope
4 rounds of: 3 burpees, 6 hanging leg raises, 8 jump squats

Workout 1: Minimum 6 rounds of - 
10 jump pull-ups
10 burpees
20 jump squats
20 high pull deadlifts (20 kg bar)
120 skips

I managed to finish 7 rounds.

Workout 2: 15 minutes AMRAP
30 plate thrusters (used a 10kg plate)
30 lunges
30 tricep dips (body weight)
30 hanging leg raises

I got to 5 rounds.

Workout 3: (Yes, 3 - damn we were tired and dripping with sweat!)
1 minute burpees
1 minute squats
1 minute hand release push-ups
1 minute plank
1 minute crunches


It was intense!! It was so exhausting, but when I look back at all I did, I feel good :)

I still have a lot of improving to do, but I'm just going to keep pushing!

4 comments:

  1. Let's see...if you were a new super hero...we should call you EnergyWoman. Because Wonderwoman and Superwoman are already taken:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Marc. Thanks :) I'm trying to get it all in. Some days I'm really, really tired, but the effort is worth it. Nothing beats the adrenaline rush of coming home after a great workout!

      Delete
  2. I watched a few minutes of a Cross Fit competition on TV this weekend. It was brutal! Those ladies were amazing and so are you.

    I admire good teachers. I had a few in my life and all these years later, I still think of them. It is not an easy job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caron!! I'm happy to say that I'm improving bit by bit.

      I hope that I can inspire my students in some way before the semester is over.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)