Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Morning After

My Christmas was unusually quiet this year, but to be honest, as much as I love the season and all the festivities, it was just how I needed it to be this year. Still, all in all I had a lovely day. Although I love to cook, I had all 3 meals out today, but they were all kept light and relatively simple. The best part about that is waking up the morning after (today) and feeling really good and not worried that I'll have to throw in a few extra intense hours at the gym to try to burn off what I ate.

I was thoroughly spoilt this year - I'm not sure what I did to deserve it, but I was totally thrilled and very moved/touched/thankful (and tearful)!

So, the first thing I did this morning was put on these:




and head to the gym. I've always wanted a pair of Asics and now I finally got them! I absolutely love the colors, and they were really comfortable to run in :)

I had a good workout (only treadmill today for 3 km and then Body Balance - love that class!), did a bunch of other errands and things, and then headed home to play with my new gadget:



I was totally shocked when I saw this. I've been talking about wanting to buy one of these in the upcoming year - something to kinda keep me motivated with my writing and research (because I'm feeling really de-motivated right now) - and now I've got it! I tell you, I immediately wanted to head out to a cafe and get some writing done! I'm super-psyched and I hope that I do the present justice by getting a lot of writing done (or at the very least, some more blog posting while I'm away from my desktop) :)

My eating is back on track in terms of following the Whole Life Challenge guidelines. There are a few Christmas chocolates around the house and they're quite tempting. However, I've kept a jar of raisins next to the bowl of chocolates, so whenever I feel tempted to eat one (if I'm in that area of the house), I just grab a raisin or two.

I know I could hide the chocolates or throw them out, but I don't want to. I want to be able to exist in the same house with a few Hershey's kisses without feeling the need to eat them. I think the raisin jar is a good solution until I figure out how to build up more discipline.

I have some exciting fitness plans/news coming up -  it's all in the works at the moment and I can't wait to share. Fingers crossed it all falls into place. So excited! :)


4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a lovely Christmas. The shoes are awesome (I love my Asics!), and I have a Macbook too, and love it (90% of the time).

    I wish I could figure out how to co-exist with chocolate and sweets.... this holiday season has been a nasty binge fest, and I'm so bloated it's ridiculous. Time to get back on track and start feeling better!

    Glad you had a good holiday season and navigated it well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my asics too! Great colour :) I think quiet Christmas' are fab, its nice to reflect and chill out! Bring on 2013 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Discipline. I need to work on it, too. I lost control and binged on to many holiday treats. It's a new day and I'm ready to get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHH a macbook air, i'm drooling :) santa was good to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)