Tuesday, April 16, 2013

First Attempt: Deadlift 130

This is what I tried today:


Attempt #1: Deadlift KG 130 (286 lbs)


I couldn't lift it all the way; I was really, really close, but I couldn't do it. It bugged me all day. I know that I'll keep trying. I know that it's a lot of weight. Still, I really wanted to do it. Now I have something to work towards. I'm hoping to achieve this by the middle of June before I travel for my summer holiday. Gotta strengthen that back!


Today's workout:
Cardio: 20 minutes on the cross-trainer
Strength: focused on deadlifts - did several sets of different reps at different weights

Today's food:
Breakfast #1: banana
Breakfast #2: 3 egg muffins plus 1/2 an avocado & 1 tablespoon of pecans
Lunch: fish cooked with green bell peppers & tomato sauce
Dinner: salmon with cauliflower and sweet potatoes


7 comments:

  1. I admire your dedication to healthy living, healthy eating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll get it!!!! Keep the faith!!!

    I'm having a mental struggle with my back squat. I'm at 195 but I cannot get that 200!! WTF. It will come if we keep working hard & eating clean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Youre amazing!!! I know youll do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi A! That's the story of my chin-up practice every Sunday. Will it happen? Not so far...but I love those kind of goals that don't happen right away. The victory will eventually be sweet, but the anticipation is pretty fun too.

    You're pretty close. Failed attempts mean you have something great to look forward to.

    Oh, I accidentally "published" my post draft about 2 minutes into writing it. Sorry that you commented on a big blurp. You're so nice, you didn't even say anything about the messed up nature of what was up there. Full post is up there now. :D

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's SO AWESOME that you tried your best to lift that weight!! My boyfriend always tells me its great to push to failure so you know the limits of your body, and probably now NEXT TIME you will hit that deadlift! You Rock!
    Dani
    www.thatfitnesschic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.”

    Cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impressive! Keep trying, you're going to make it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)