Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Getting Ready for the Next Phase

Now that the Whole Life Challenge is over, and I'm just one workout away from finishing Phase II of the New Rules of Lifting program, it's time to start thinking about what I'm going to do next.

There are, of course, a few things that I really want to do but I can't just yet for various logistical reasons. Thinking about all those things was starting to get me down but then today I decided to focus on all the things that I can do. I still have so much work to do in terms of getting in shape that there really will never be any shortage of workouts to do/good habits to follow/clean foods to eat! So, with that much more positive attitude in mind, I'm moving on to my next phase, which I hope will last until I travel in June.

My materials from the ISSA arrived yesterday so I've got everything I need to start working towards my Personal Trainer certification.




My good friend K, who is a LesMills instructor, has been encouraging me to do my training to teach Body Pump and Body Combat. I've already practiced studying the choreography for Body Pump, but it's the first time I'm looking at the Body Combat choreography. It's definitely more challenging than Pump. It's an exhausting class; add to that the whole speaking while teaching/jumping around and you get to a whole new level of fitness! Still, I'm up for the challenge. I started practicing day before yesterday and I spent quite a bit of time on it today. We'll see how it goes.




In terms of weight training, I'm just going to move on to the next Phase in the New Rules of Lifting book. I'm happy with how I've progressed through this phase. The more I lift, the more I love it!



Those are the three main things I'll be getting into. In the meantime, I'm still continuing with CrossFit, my MMA training (though it's not nearly as intense as it was before), my yoga/balance classes, and my cardio ... and of course Eating Clean!



Today's Food:
Breakfast #1: 1 teaspoon of peanut butter & 2 dates
Breakfast #2: 3 egg muffins, 1 cup of grilled vegetables (cauliflower, sweet potato, and bell peppers), and half an avocado
Lunch: grilled chicken with 2 cups of vegetables
Dinner: coconut shrimp curry
Snacks: 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt; 3 peanut butter date balls

Today's Workouts:
Kickboxing (30 minutes)
Combat training (45 minutes)
Body Balance (1 hour)
Day 2 of squat challenge: 60 squats




3 comments:

  1. Hi A! Do you have any guy weightlifting books? Such as a Joe Weider weightlifting book? I think you'd love their attitude so much more. They are very enthusiastic and I feel so revved up just reading them. Women's books tend to tone down enthusiasm to almost nothing. You should just try reading a Joe Weider book. Just sayin. :D

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are rocking it girl! My shoulder is holding me back from really putting an effort into weight training. I feel like I'm doing the girly version, you know the 2 lb girly pink hand weights. *GRIN* I'm going to "man up" and make an appt to see what I can do about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Plum - personal trainer certification? You really are Energy Woman personified:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)