Monday, April 22, 2013

Getting through Monday

To say that today was a beautiful day in Kuwait is an understatement. The sun was shining, the sky was clear, a slight breeze was blowing ... it was so tempting for me to skip work and stay at the gym and lounge poolside.


The view from the kickboxing studio this morning

After warming up on the treadmill a bit I headed to the studio to do some kickboxing practice. I worked out barefoot for the first time & I also used my shin guards for the first time -- they'll definitely help minimize the bruising on my legs. I worked out for about an hour and half before having to rush off to work.





Work went well today though I now have a huge stack of grading to do, which is always a bit of a downer. Still, the semester is almost over!!! Can't wait.

This afternoon I headed to CrossFit. Due to a last minute schedule change (and me having a previous engagement for after CrossFit) I had to leave early. I was a bit annoyed because of the time change - but as always, you've just got to make the most of it.

I felt some improvement in my pull-ups, though I'm still working with the thickest resistance band. My WOD was 7 minutes of AMRAP alternating 10 thrusters (w/a 10 kg plate) and 10 burpees. Think you can't get much of a workout in 7 minutes --- think again! I was drenched in sweat by the end of those 7 minutes!

I had a meeting with a potential private MMA instructor right after CrossFit. The meeting went well though nothing has been confirmed. Will have to see how it all unfolds.

My night ended with a girl's night out with some of my girlfriends who I hadn't seen in quite some time. It was a nice relaxing way to end what turned out to be quite a hectic day!


Today's Food
Breakfast #1: Banana, 2 dates, 1 T peanut butter
Breakfast #2: Tuna fish salad (like yesterday)
Lunch: Fish & vegetables (leftovers from last night's dinner)
Dinner: 1 cup of yogurt
Snacks throughout the day: 1 cup green tea; 2 peanut butter date balls; 1 oz dark chocolate


Today's Workouts
Warm-up: 2 km on the treadmill - easy walk
Main workout: Kickboxing (1 hour)
Burpees: 120 (I'm so behind in my challenge)
Squats Challenge Day #7: 80 squats


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)