Sunday, May 5, 2013

Countdown to Summer

The countdowns have begun!!

  • 2 teaching days left
  • 10 working days left
  • 32 days until I travel for summer vacation 


I definitely like the look of those numbers!!


Today started off quite well. I restarted my morning yoga routine, I got my omelet muffins baked for the week, and I had a good list of things to do to follow. For the most part, my day went according to plan, but everything seemed to take a lot longer than expected. A meeting at work that I thought would only last 45 minutes went on for 2 hours! Anyway. The day went well, and although I was still feeling a bit of residual stress/anxiety from the past 2 weeks, I was glad that the week had started and that I had a schedule I could somewhat stick to.

After doing my yoga at home, I headed to the gym and did a cardio warm-up followed by weights (NROL Hypertrophy workout 3A).

Gearing Up to do Seated Incline Dumbbell Chest Presses



My eating schedule was a bit off today as I didn't eat my second breakfast right after my workout. I got busy at work and was munching on probably too many nuts in the meantime :/

I ate my second breakfast for lunch around 1:30 p.m. (during my meeting at work) and then didn't eat dinner until 7:30 p.m.

I had a productive afternoon, working on my Personal Trainer Certification studies. I completed the first 5 quizzes (I had started doing them last week though) and got 100% in all of them :) (Proud to be a nerd!)



The highlight of my day was a long overdue massage. I may make this a weekly/bi-weekly Sunday ritual. Let's see how well I do with getting back on track first!


In trying to keep better track of my food, I'm going to try to also keep a photo diary. It's something that I've seen quite a lot of bloggers start to do so I thought I'd give it a try.

Pre-workout Breakfast
(banana, 1 date covered with coconut flakes - sometimes 2 - 1 tablespoon of peanut butter)
110 calories + 25 calories + 100 = 235



Vitamins/Supplements in the Morning
(3 fish oil tablets, 2 glucosamine/chondroitin tablets, 1 Centrum performance multivitamin, 1 Ecinacea tablet)



My Daily Breakfast during the Week - Omelet Muffins + 1/2 avocado
320 calories (recipe here)



Snack
(mix of raw almonds, walnuts, raisins, and cashews)



My Dinner - 225 Degree Salad 
(the story behind that name will be explained once I post the recipe)
Basically French beans, roasted tomatoes, bell peppers, walnuts, lettuce, and grilled chicken + a whole grain mustard & vinegar dressing
(basic recipe here, but updated, more tasty recipe will be posted later)



Today:
- Workouts:
  • Yoga in the morning at home (15 minutes)
  • Cardio + weights at the gym (1.5 hours)
  • Deep stretching at the gym, post-workout (15 minutes)
  • Burpees: 15 {total: 3,500/20,130}
  • Squats Day 1: 50
- Food: 
  • Breakfast: pre-workout: banana, 1 date, 1 T natural peanut butter
  • Lunch: 3 omelet muffins & 1/2 avocado
  • Dinner: 225 degree salad with grilled chicken
  • Snacks: too many nuts and raisins
- Other: 
  • Completed the first 5 quizzes of my personal training certification

3 comments:

  1. looks like you are back on track too :) the salad look great will be on my menu for dinner today

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to try that salad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those coconut dates. There's a place here that has medjool dates and medjool dates rolled in coconut. You have great will power to stop at one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)