Thursday, May 16, 2013

Made it to Thursday!

I woke up to this email from one of my students:



Seems like a perfect way to end the semester. I can't tell you how happy I am that summer is here!!

This morning I hit the weight room. I'm so glad that the focus of today's workout was on the upper body because my legs, thighs, and ass were really feeling the effects of yesterday's squats/workout. I was ready for a bit of relief.



My workout went well. I managed to up my weights for the last set of each exercise (3 sets of 15 today so overall my weights were still a bit lighter than usual).

This afternoon I had Kajukenbo practice -- we did some arm conditioning. Holy *hit! Just blocking punches hurt! I've already got bruises on my arms. Still, he says that with conditioning practice our arms will get tougher and stronger -- I sure hope so!


I then practiced Jiujitsu with D for about 45 minutes. We didn't have a long session as it's the end of the week and we were both tired. Still, we practiced a few drills, and that was good enough for today.

... and that's it! I've come to the end of my week and I am so happy!

Food pix will be posted tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great workout. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ayesha! What a lovely letter from your student. There's so many complaining clients in our office lately that I truly appreciate that someone took a little time to appreciate you. I could have said something like that to you--but not the same as a student. What a perfect way to start your break. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)