Monday, August 19, 2013

Powering Through

The thoughts of my experience from yesterday still lingered this morning. They were unsettling. I really want to get over my fear. Usually I jump right into it - no fear, just brutal confrontation. Apparently this time I'm not feeling so brave. I know that I will continue to face/fight my fear, but I think the emotional impact associated with this one is a bit more intense than my other hesitations.

---------- 

I have 2 more weeks left of summer vacation. Part of me just wants to stay at home, relax, organize, and veg on the couch. Another part of me thinks - this is your opportunity, hit the gym for long, long workouts.

I'm doing neither. I've already started to wake up at 4:40 in the morning (I'd usually wake up at 4:30, but the extra 10 minutes is coz' I'm on holiday lol). I had started my morning yoga routine, but during my days of mourning, I didn't do anything much at all. So today felt like more of a fresh start (sometimes it feels like I'm always starting over).

I was in my gym clothes by 5 a.m. (to do my yoga), so there really wasn't much reason for me not to head out of the house soon after I was done. The only thing that held me back was my own listlessness. I wanted to go to the gym, but I also wanted to stay home. I found it ironic that at one point I was commenting on fitness blog posts yet I was contemplating not going to the gym and maybe just doing a little something at home.

Man, sometimes my head is really messed up!

In any case, I finally made it to the gym and started my workout by 9:30 a.m.

Today's focus was weights -- squats, deadlift shrugs, split squats, and step-ups (4 sets of 10 reps for each exercise). It's been a long while since I've done any of those exercises. I already feel sore - I'm sure I'll feel it even more tomorrow!

My cardio sessions were good. I didn't do much, just a total of 30 minutes. This evening I plan on doing some BJJ training.

On a side note, the MMA training room is coming together! I'm excited :) I'll post pictures once it is done.



I wore my new Saucony sneakers today along with my new Under Armour training gear. I love the little lace detail! 


1 comment:

  1. Cute shoe-sies! They go with you. I'm still tired from yesterday's workout. I was going to workout today, but nothing besides my walk with Keebler will be happening. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)