Saturday, September 14, 2013

Overwhelmed

There's so much going on here. I'm having a tough time keeping up with it all. Plus I'm having a really tough time making it to the computer to read blogs/write blog posts. I really to do it, but it's the one thing that I've been struggling to incorporate in my schedule.

I usually wake up at 4:30 a.m., but I think the stress and the overwhelming feeling of all that I have to do during the day has been disrupting my sleep. I was up at 3:50 a.m. the other morning -- not cool at all.

One of the biggest changes to my schedule is that my brother is now living with me. He arrived in Kuwait last Friday and will be staying with me for at least 2 months. He's got a job in my department and is teaching English just like me. The thing that sucks is that I have an early morning schedule, whereas he teaches later in the day. Since he doesn't drive, I've needed to incorporate his transportation into my schedule. Until he gets his local paperwork done (which could take several weeks - if we're lucky), he won't be able to drive. Even taking taxis is a bit risky at the moment as there have been many random police check-points on the road, and since he's Bangladeshi and doesn't have all his papers ready yet, it's just not safe. Anyway. As I said, it'll just take some adjusting, but I haven't been able to come up with a good routine plan yet -- especially since things ALWAYS keep popping up!! For example, last week a meeting ran late, then another day I had to substitute somebody else's class, then I had some running around for my brother's paperwork ... etc. etc. I'm doing the best I can, but the disruptions themselves are exhausting ...

Dad arrived for his medical check-up yesterday --- and if you've been following my blog for some time, you know that he stresses me out when it comes to food. He's a diabetic who likes to eat all the WRONG stuff -- chocolate, chips, foods rich in butter, fried etc. etc. All he does is talk about food. It makes me insane!! Starting from the ride home from the airport ... (reciting the serenity prayer).

So it's a full house at the moment. I've given up all 'my' space in the house to my brother and my dad ... I just need to remember to breathe.

Being on the Whole Life Challenge has been good for me because I don't need to worry about my own food. Keeping my diet clean I think has actually helped me continue to feel good. I feel light, and not having any extra 'junk' in my system has given me at least enough energy to get through each day.

I've just got to stay focused on my goals and make sure that I get my workouts in (which I've been doing well at). I need to stay positive and prioritize. I need to breathe.


 

1 comment:

  1. Hi A! Oh, too much. You are doing *very* well, considering all. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)