Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Back to Reality

The last few days have been a bit of a blur. That always happens after I return from a holiday. However, now that the semester has started, I feel like things are going to be a lot better since I'll actually have a bit of a routine to follow. Boy have I missed having a routine!

The past few days have been about slowly readjusting to being back home. Dad is here again -- I'm just glad that each time it's getting a bit better in terms of his and my arguments about food. I'm definitely getting a lot stronger when it comes to ignoring what people say and just brushing off food-pushers. It's a necessity. When it comes to eating right for your health, you've got to put yourself first. If I look back at last year, I can see that I was really disciplined for most of the year. However, those days when I was not disciplined caught up to me, even though they were in the minority. That realization is something that I need to keep in mind. I know that despite my good intentions, I did not end 2013 the way I had wanted to in terms of my weight. Whether it was the holiday season, the travel, the monthly bloating - whatever. I don't think there is any excuse for my weight to have gone up that much -- but it did, and I felt terrible. Now that I've been on the Whole Life Challenge for 11 days, the weight is consistently coming off and I'm feeling good. As soon as I get back into my regular workout routine, I know I'll feel even better.

There are lots of things I need to work on, and I have quite a few goals that I want to reach by the end of May. I'm still working out the details. For right now, at least until Dad leaves, I'm just doing what I can to eat healthy and get in my daily exercise. My workouts have been ok - I need to step it up a notch (or three!).



It felt so good to stock up on lots of greens and proteins. My home is a total Eat Clean zone! 


On Saturday there was a competition at our CrossFit box -- I didn't participate, but I did judge. It was fun -- I can't wait until my wrist has healed enough for me to get back to lifting weights! 

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if your wrist was improving so that you could get back to regular exercise. Sounds like you are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)