Saturday, February 1, 2014

February 2014

Can you believe the first month of 2014 is gone already? How are you all doing in terms of your fitness/health goals? Have you recovered from 2013's holiday season? Have you been sticking to the plans that you set out for yourself at the beginning of the year? One month is already gone -- make the most of each day!

January 2013 was pretty good for me. Starting on the Whole Life Challenge soon after the year began has been an excellent way for me to shed those unfortunate holiday pounds and stay focused the bigger picture -- my health, getting fit, and losing these last few stubborn kilos.

With travel, family stuff, and getting back into work, January was not without stresses, but overall it went well. I didn't waste time wondering about what to do at the gym - I just went to the gym and did something. Bit by bit my overall plan started to come together and I've started February with a strategy in mind.

The first thing I did to start of the month right was to get back to my Saturday morning yoga on the beach sessions. It was really tough because I still can't put pressure on my wrist. I spent most of the session on my elbows/forearms -- boy was I sore afterwards! It was very challenging for me, but it was totally worth going. I know the only way to get my flexibility back is to keep on practicing.

I attempted a headstand after class. The last time I came to yoga, I was able to hold the headstand on my own. This time, however, it wasn't the same and I needed help. I was a bit sad to see how much of my core stability I had lost, but again - bit by bit I'll regain it. I just gotta keep trying.

The weekend is over here in Kuwait -- I've got a new (busy) week ahead of me.



Back to yoga on the beach -- assisting with some partner poses, being assisted with a headstand, and enjoying the nice cool sand on my feet


3 comments:

  1. My January 2014 was very hectic but fitness wise I managed well, I started training a girl in the gym so the entire last month I was going to the gym twice once before and once after work...managing all that was difficult but I think finally I am able to handle it better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!! I definitely know that feeling of cool sand on my feet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of Yoga on the beach it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)