Saturday, March 8, 2014

Banana Pancake

One of my biggest challenges during the Whole Life Challenge is coming up with different breakfast options. I can eat eggs only so many times a week! A lot of times I would find myself having lunch or dinner leftovers for breakfast. I didn't mind that at all. However, I still wanted something different. After doing some investigating on line, I modified different ones to come up with this recipe for a banana pancake. It's definitely a winner.



Banana Pancake

Ingredients:
1 banana, mashed
2 eggs
2 tablespoons all natural peanut butter
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon butter

Directions:
1) Peel and mash the banana.
2) Add the two eggs. Mix them together very well.
3) Mix in the peanut butter and cinnamon powder. Mix it really well, though it's ok if it is slightly lumpy.
4) Heat a non-stick skillet pan. Put 1/4 tablespoon of butter in the pan, and then add the batter. I usually put 2 generous tablespoons of batter per pancake.
5) Cook until golden brown (around 2 minutes per side)



Nutritional Information
Banana Pancake (3 pancakes; info below if per pancake)
Calories 170
Protein 7.5 g.
Carbohydrates 12 g.
Fiber 2.2 g.
Fat 12. 5 g.
Saturated Fat 2.7 g.


1 comment:

  1. Well, since I never eat break-the-fast I don't have this problem, lol!

    However I do eat pancakes occasionally for dinner, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)