Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Marching Forward

From what I've seen in the blogging world, when bloggers go silent or start to post infrequently or evasively, then it's a sign that they've probably/possibly gone off track.

I'm happy to report that that hasn't been the case for me.

I've been wanting to sit down and blog about what I've been doing, but I've just been too busy doing it! My days are even more packed than before. I didn't think it was possible, but it just goes to show, if you want something, you've got to make time for it.

So very briefly, here's the latest:

1. The Whole Life Challenge ends on Friday. I'm in tied first place (out of over 10,500 people worldwide). The challenge has gone well, though there were a few struggles along the way. I'll talk about those in another post.

2. The upcoming move to London, as you can imagine, is occupying my thoughts in a BIG way. Not only is there the physical packing up of the house, selling off of furniture, tons of paperwork to process out of Kuwait and process in to London, but more significantly, there's the emotional/mental difficulty of saying goodbye to a country that's been my home. Part of me is not ready to say goodbye, and another part of me already has one foot out the door. It's hard to find clarity or mental peace when you've got this huge change happening in your life.

3. The good thing about having a lot going on is that you're forced to be disciplined and diligent. I've got a general plan, but one thing that I've learned, especially over the past year and a half when I've dealt with traveling a lot, being really busy, and having many, many unscheduled interruptions, is that the best way to get things done is to JUST GET ON WITH IT.



4. The most positive thing I've noticed in my habits is that when I sat down to write my general routine, the first thing I allocated time for was sleep/rest/recovery. I of course had to block off time for work - there's no getting out of that one! I then scheduled in my workouts. After that, I allocated time for meal planning, grocery shopping, and food prep.

Then of course there's organizing, packing, research, personal training, blogging, and socializing. Those have been the toughest to schedule!

I'm trying to go to bed a bit earlier and get up a bit earlier. I'm making sure I have some work with me wherever I go, so if I find myself waiting for something or the other, it's not wasted time.

I know that before, I wouldn't have thought so much about sleep and food. I would just make do with whatever I could. As much as I love the quote that I posted above, I decided to apply it to other aspects of my life, not food and sleep. Those were anchored into my schedule. If I was going to workout the way I intended to, then I knew that I would not be able to mess around with my food/sleep.

All my efforts have to be focused on reaching my goals. I don't have time for much else. I honestly don't have the desire for much else. I'm focusing on what's important to me and what makes me happy. Luckily those things turn out to be the same, so I know that all the effort and time that I put in is totally going to be worth it.



4 comments:

  1. Enjoy both of the quotes on the posters. I particularly need to keep in mind the second one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kitty. I'm constantly repeating to myself - it's my choice. If I want it, then my actions need to reflect it.

      Delete
  2. I am familiar with the moving process. It was a chore moving from state to state with a moving company...I can't imagine going from one country to another.

    It sounds like you are busy but in control! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's definitely a lot going on. I'm trying to stay in control as much as possible :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)