Thursday, August 28, 2014

General Update

Things have been ok over here. I'm slowly getting into my new routine. I've got a martial arts place that I'm going to check out tomorrow to see how I can incorporate some Muay Thai into my routine. I'm enjoying my Jiujitsu practice, which I'll be doing 5x a week now, but I really do miss punching and kicking! I hope this new place will have what I'm looking for.

I haven't lifted weights since I returned from Bangkok. I've got my routine all written out, but for some reason I just haven't been able to muster up the enthusiasm to lift -- something very strange for me.

I think part of it is that the Jiujitsu training has been late in the evening. I don't seem to be getting home before 9:30/10:00 p.m. This has thrown off my eating and sleeping schedule. So I'm a bit out of sorts.

Last Sunday I went to the grocery store without a menu or list. I bought the ingredients that I normally buy, but somehow it just didn't come together for me. I felt out of practice.

Yesterday I got back in the kitchen with some mega veggie prep and lots of proteins in the oven. It felt good! Now all I need is a good night's sleep.



Practicing my Triangle Choke


2 comments:

  1. Wow - that is some schedule. I hope you are able to find time for your martial arts. I was shifted to 2nd shift last year so I am happily able to do my workouts in the mornings. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John! It's a lot to take on. I hope I can squeeze it all in!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)