Friday, September 19, 2014

Relentless

This week has felt incredibly busy. From Monday morning until now, it has felt like there has been a non-stop barrage of things to do. That being said, it has also been a really productive week.

We're just about nearing the first week of the Whole Life Challenge. It's gone well so far. There have been a few impromptu meal creations (as a result of the busy week) but again, not having any non-WLC foods in the house has made it easy to throw something together and not worry about losing a point.

I saw a big improvement in my jiujitsu game this week. I have to say, that felt really amazing. Last week I was struggling. I was frustrated that I wasn't getting a few of the moves right. I was stressed about not having them ready by the time I test for my blue belt. I was just anxious overall. This week, I kind of decided to just go for it and not over analyze the moves ... and it went great! Who would have thought that not thinking would help me be ever more effective? Of course I knew better. I knew that I needed to relax and trust my knowledge to carry my through. I knew that over-thinking would only make me feel nervous and apprehensive. Still, it's a lot harder to push those thoughts aside and fully trust yourself. However, if I want to succeed, I know that's exactly what I needed to do. Although my moves aren't perfect (yet), they are improving, and what's more is that my confidence and comfort with the moves are increasing.

I also made good progress in the weight room this week. I don't know if it's cleaning up my food (though it had only been 2 days since the start of the challenge that I had my first good training session) or if it was just feeling more psychologically at ease/rest that helped me, but I've been on an adrenaline high ever since.

My yoga sessions have been great and I'm totally loving Muay Thai. I felt gutted that I couldn't make this morning's training as I had something else to attend to that needed my whole attention ... but I knew it was all about balance.

Sometimes you've got to make sacrifices.

I'm hoping to catch up on some rest, make some headway with my errands, and push forward with my writing this weekend.

I have a feeling this busy week is going to spill over and become a busy weekend as well!


embracing my crazy jiujitsu hair & feeling happy after a good night of nogi training

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Congratulations on a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)