Friday, November 14, 2014

Friday Five

First of all -- the 50 Day Challenge is still open. It is not a weight loss challenge -- it is just to provide some motivation to help stay on track through the holiday season. More details are up here. If you'd like to join along, please do -- it's not too late. You can join the Facebook page through this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1509888519265273/

On the page I'll have links to relevant blog posts as well as other notes and motivational posts. Every week on my blog I'll have a general post open for people to comment about how the challenge is going for them (particularly for those who are not on Facebook).

Here's a quick roundup of my week:



I tried renegade rows for the first time this week. They're part of my new routine. It's basically a push up but then when you push up, you also bring one arm up to do a row (hence the weights). They were not easy. I did 4 sets of 10 reps, but not all of the push ups were on my toes. 



I'm trying to take my Gracie Diet to the next level of trying only specific food combinations. This was my breakfast of chopped pears, cottage cheese, and a bit of honey plus some green tea. It was delicious and quite filling -- though I was hungry again after 2 hours! 



We had a great no-gi Jiu-Jitsu session last Sunday. I wore my new purple rashguard which I absolutely loved! A playful group pic at the end of our session :) 


One of my deal friends was visiting from Kuwait. We had a great time walking around London, browsing through Spitafield Market, and just laughing. It was a much needed break from my usual routine. Laughter is definitely good medicine! 



Taken at 5:30 this morning as I got ready to head out for my early morning Muay Thai session followed by yoga. It's never easy to get ready at that time of morning - particularly when it's cold, dark, and rainy outside -- but loving the sport really helps motivate me to get out that door!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ayesha! I've only been doing this whole life challenge since November 12th (two days now) but I'm doing great! Nothing processed, nothing gained, feeling good. Your choke hold picture is great! Now if you could only get enough chokers into the picture to form a simultaneous choke circle. Ah...never mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the challenge is helping you out! :) I'll work on that full circle choke! It was getting pretty tight already as we were all working to maintain out balance and somehow needed to tighten the chokes to do that ;)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)