Thursday, February 19, 2015

Grounded

We're starting the 8th week of 2015 -- out of the first 7 weeks, I spent 1 1/2 weeks being ill and 4 weeks traveling. Although the days feel like they have been flying by, at least they've all been productive days - except when I was ill ... that sucked! In any case, as much as I enjoyed being in LA and with my family in Bangladesh, I am more than ready to put my suitcases away and enjoy being grounded for a while!

It's been hard to focus on any proper schedule for the past few weeks. Actually, I haven't really been following my normal schedule, in terms of being at the gym, since November. I've been training, but only focusing on my Jiu-Jitsu as I prepared for my Los Angeles trip (you can read about my experience here). The time was very well spent, but I have definitely missed being in the gym and I feel the impact of not having lifted weights properly for almost 4 months now. I'm really looking forward to getting back to my regular lifting routine!

During my time away, I actually did really well sticking to my good eating habits because I'm on the Whole Life Challenge. Instead of seeing it as a burden, I saw being on the challenge as an opportunity to really test myself and see how much of my change really has become a lifestyle vs. a temporary trend. I'm pleased it went well. That being said, I am definitely happy to be home and back in my kitchen, with my grocery shopping, food prep, and meals fully under my control!

Being grounded means getting back to a normal eating, training, work schedule. 

I arrived in London yesterday and pretty much hit the ground running - with just enough time to shower, do a bit of unpacking, and head straight to Watford Gracie Jiu-Jitsu for the Jr. Grapplers class. It was nice to see the kids again! :) 

Today has pretty much been all about organizing and getting myself sorted. My new workout routine is ready, my food plan is mapped out, my grocery list is done, and a terrifyingly long list of things to do has been written. Now I just need to get moving!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)